Thursday, October 22, 2009

October Garden stroll

I just can't get enough of the palm/black ornamental pepper look. I just LOVE the contrast. Mix it with Milkweed, white lantana, and Zinnias ant I think its a winning look. The orange next to the dark purple foliage is just stunning. Why haven't I thought of that before???

.
.

The next one is some type of petunia if I am not mistaken. Think it's an Asian type, but right now I cant id it. Does really well, and I like it. A late bloomer, didn't start til mid summer to get blooms.
The next one I thought had died. It looked so sad as it withered away this summer, browning and I was sure dying. A few drops of rain and this baby is back. Bought it an Oct many years ago. I don't know it's real name, but it was a breast cancer awareness plant, and I renamed it Debbie. So here we go... Debbie Dahlia. Blooms are about 4in across, and it grows less than 1ft tall

Then we get to lemons. There is no better fragrance than lemon flowers. They are beautiful, and must be tasty as well. Bees are bumming alomg, moving from blossom to blossom. IT really perfumes the air nicely.







No comments:

Post a Comment