Saturday, August 28, 2010

P1040476.JPGIt's that time of year again, fall bulbs are available at garden centers and online vendors again.  Last fall I went COMPLETELY overboard. 
I had had the hottest driest summer EVER, 60+ days over 100, and no wet stuff.  When fall arrived, or late August, depending on how you look at it, I went NUTS!!!!
I ended up with well over 1000, yes that is over a thousand bulbs.  It is so easy to order, not quite as much fun planting them.  Actually, past the first two bulbs, I had had enough, but eventually got all my bulbs planted and expected a magnificent spring show.  There were 600 alliums in the mix, a couple hundred daffodils, and the rest stuff I wanted to try out. 12445iA76997C5F7318EC4
Needless to say I was very disappointed this spring when, out of the 600 alliums, only about 50 if that ended up blooming. The bulbs I wanted to try out, well, they didn't do anything.
This year I am sticking with what I know will work.  That means daffodils, ranunculus, paperwhites, anemone, amaryllis and peruvian daffodils.
Already seen the bulbs for sale, so guess what I am doing....getting me some spring garden candy!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment